Dr. William Nicoletto, Jr. and, recently new to our practice, Dr. Will Nicoletto, III, of Alluvium Chiropractic and Family Wellness Center treat neck pain in Voorhees, NJ with an approach to help you get back to your life naturally.
Common Neck Pain Causes
Neck Pain is one of the most common types of pain, and it can come from a variety of issues. The most common causes include the following:
- Trauma and impacts from sports, auto injuries and falls
- Disc Herniations
- Arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis
- Tension and prolonged stress
- Poor posture, which is common in all ages today due to cell phone and computer use which is a large component of our lifestyle today.
Other Symptoms Associates with Neck Pain and Cervical Dysfunction
Chiropractors regularly treat other symptoms related to cervical joint dysfunction
- Headaches, typically tension headaches
- Tension in the neck, shoulders, upper arms, and upper back
- Weakness and pain in the arm, shoulder, or hand due to a compressed nerve
- Inability to turn your head
- Numbness and tingling in the arms
Treatment for Neck Pain
At Alluvium Chiropractic and Family Wellness Center, we address neck pain according to the patient's individual needs and lifestyle. Often, this includes one or more of the following treatment options:
- Stress Management: People deal with stress regularly and it can lead to a wide range of conditions- from neck pain to many other issues. Dr. Bill and Dr. Will work with patients to learn to manage stress in a healthy way to relieve tension and prevent other issues.
- Nutritional Counseling: What we are eating can go a long way to aggravate or relieve pain. Knowing what foods have anti-inflammatory properties and which ones to avoid can help improve your condition and stabilize it.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Therapeutic exercises can help strengthen the muscles that help support the cervical spine. They can also improve mobility and improve function and posture.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: When pain in the neck is due to a spinal misalignment, adjustments can relieve the pain and tension by putting the joints back in place.
If you’re suffering from neck pain and its effects Dr. Bill and Dr. Will of Alluvium Chiropractic and Family Wellness Center can help you get back to your pain-free life. Make an appointment by calling (856) 784-3373 today.